Monday, June 6, 2011

Las Políticas

Literally everyone here has an opinion on the politics of the day. You have to be careful as to not offend anyone. Argentina, Buenos Aires in particular, is a very politically charged. My mom is constantly listening to the news on the radio. BUT, just because politics are a hot topic, doesn't mean that people don't want to talk about them. Everyone has an opinion and everyone wants to share it. In the US we tend to stray away from political topics especially when we first meet people. Here it is completely different. Like I said, everyone wants to share they're opinions because they believe in them so passionately. From what I can tell, everyone here thinks Obama is the greatest thing to happen to the US. My mom (Corina) really likes him and so does the mom of a friend of mine. Today, when we were talking about this in class, our teacher told us to talk to our taxi drivers about it. He said they just love it. Next time I take a cab, I'll have to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment