Sunday, June 12, 2011

Colonia!


Yesterday, we went to Colonia, Uruguay. It was fantastic. It was really incredible to get away from the big city and just relax. Just 9 of us went but it was the perfect group. We took a ferry and it only took ONE HOUR! Haha, I loved it. It had really interesting architecture. Colonia was first founded by the Portuguese but then by the Spanish.
Portuguese on the left, Spanish on the right


We just walked around for a while and had a tour then had a fantastic lunch. Below is what the called their "salad bar." All the food was delicious. I had some really good soup from that salad bar (someone said it was asparagus but I have no clue what it was) and then as a main course, chicken, steak, and chorizo all from the parrilla (grill). Then for desert, chocolate icecream. I was feeling fat and sassy. The whole lunch was free (even the icecream) but we had to buy our own drinks. Isn't that odd? And water isn't free here either. Its not uncommon for it to be cheaper to buy a glass of wine than water.
This is my friend Sarah and I from on the top of a lighthouse. She's so much fun and is a little crazy like me. When we hang out, I'm always laughing...but then again, anytime I hang out with anyone in this group I'm laughing. I love literally every person on our trip. In the picture below, I'm standing on the tip of the peninsula. That puppy behind me was soooo cute and incredible friendly and playful. He followed us around a bit and we named him Sacar. Well, I wish I could have written more, but I have a lot of homework!


Chau! (I realize that I spell this word differently in every post but I don't think there is a wrong way to spell it! haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment