Sunday, May 29, 2011

About Buhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifenos


HOLA!

In case some of you are wondering, here is a map of where everyone in our group is living and also where our main campus is. I live in an apartment in the left most cluster of houses up on the 9th floor.
Housing


This mornin I went for a walk and was going to go to a bakery and get something tasty but I there were a lot of people there. When I came back to my place, Corina and Ashley were rushing to get everything together because we needed to be at the University in half an hour for a tour of the city. Corina dropped us off and we were only 5 minutes late and the tour began! It is a beautiful city.

This is a picture of the most famous monument of the city. I dont remember what this monument is called...but its a symbol of the modernization of the country as well as democracy in the country because it looks a lot like the washington memorial. It was built in 1810 I believe.

here is my photo album on facebook with more pictures. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1822934971704.2091599.1190100246

Our guide explained that Argentina is considered a melting pot just like the US. Especially in Buenos Aires. There is an incredible amount of european immigrants (spanish, italian, german, polish, turkis, ect).

Our guide said that the spanish tried to found Argentina in Buenos Aires in 1536 looking for plata (silver) and failed. One of the big rivers here is called el Rio de Plata. They've artificially moved it a couple meters to the south to build various places.

Sorry, today was a busy day and I will have to find more time to write later. :) bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment