Sorry for such a delayed post but I wanted to be able to give this post time.
On our last Thursday in Argentina, we went to a milonga. A milonga is a place where people go to dance tango and to take lessons. Its like a tango bar. It was a lot of fun to dance with our friends and also with random locals. My friend Hannah spent the night dancing with a random older gentleman. And I mean older. His hair was white. It was a lot of fun to watch them dance. They aren't lying when they say tango is for all ages. We had a lesson before hand where we learned a basic tango step but the most helpful thing (if you're a girl) is to have a guy who knows what he's doing. I dance for probably 15 or 20 minutes with one local who taught me some more complicated steps. Dancing with him looked much more natural according to my friends. And it
The next few days we didn't really do a whole lot. Drew (pictured above) was supposed to fly out on Thursday (the night of the tango) but his flight got canceled because of ash. He ended up having to stay in Argentina for an extra week because he couldn't get a flight home. Then within the last few days his computer broke. He's just bad luck.
Those of us who were on the group flight must have found the perfect window of opportunity to make it back to the states. I didn't sleep much on either of the plane rides. I guess I was just too excited! hahaha. I was starting to get tired of the big city though I think. I just began to feel really anxious all the time. It could have just been from being away from friends and family for so long but I really think it was the big city. One of our teachers had studied abroad in Mendoza, Argentina when he was a student and I think if I had been staying for longer, I would have needed to be somewhere like Mendoza. Small, sunny, friendly. Buenos Aires is sunny, but there are soo many tall buildings that none of the rays ever hit you.
I would love nothing more than to return to Argentina someday and to be able to travel to all the different regions I never got to visit. I'm incredibly excited to have Spanish as a part of my life now and I hope I'll always have the opportunity to use it. One things for sure though, I'm gonna miss the people, the food, and just about everything else.
Chau
I know this was a great experience, but I have to admit, I am so glad you are home! Love you. Mommy
ReplyDeletecute! post more! following you, come follow along and check out our giveaway! XO chaseandem.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete